Trading carrots for chocolate pudding since 2012
I decided it wasn’t fair for YetiVedder to have all the bullet-point fun, so I reckon I’ll join in on the fad.
What will you find in this weekly list? I have no freaking clue, but I’m sure it will all be deep and profound.
* My wife always yells at me because I use her towel to dry my arm pits after showering. She does realize that my arm pits are clean, right?
* It’s a sad state of affairs for the two FBS football teams in the state of Massachusetts. Boston College is 0-4 in the ACC and 1-6 overall. UMass is 0-4 in the MAAC and 0-7 overall. According to RealTimeRPI.com, Boston College is ranked 110 out of 120 FBS teams. UMass? Ranked 120. Ouch.
* I keep getting random emails from JDate, which is apparently a Match.com site for Jewish people. I am neither Jewish nor single, sooo…
* If somebody was smart, they’d create a PoliticalBook for election years. It’s the same basic concept as Facebook, except all of those annoying assholes who fill up your news feed with political posts will have a place to do it where people actually care. It’s a surefire get-rich-quick scheme. You’re welcome.
* Yeti Vedder was sick yesterday, ladies and gentlemen. I want everybody to pray for his return to health.
* I absolutely love that Marco Scutaro was named the National League Championship Series MVP. Scooter, as I like to call him, was one of only a handful of Boston Red Sox who seemed to care last September. While the season was going to hell, Scooter hit .387 with a .438 OBP and 21 RBI in 26 September games.
* Not that any of you care, but my fantasy football season has been agonizing. It started with a trade for Greg Jennings, who proceeded to re-injure his groin and has been sidelined ever since. Then Danny Amendola went down with a rare collarbone injury. DeMarco Murray was torching the Baltimore Ravens before leaving with a foot injury, saddling me with a loss by .5 points. Finally, Jimmy Graham went down with an ankle injury. My team has the talent to compete for the title, but instead we’re just 2-5.
* Cloud Atlas looks bad ass. I have no idea what the plot is, but let’s be honest: Tom Hanks makes any movie watchable.
* Where the hell did that black woman on Dexter come from? It’s like, after Mike Anderson got shot, they realized they didn’t have any African-Americans on the cast so they just tossed in this chick.
* Has anybody ever seen a Boardwalk game piece in the McDonald’s Monopoly game? I’m pretty sure there have never been any.
* If Playstation 3 game lobbies are any indication, most of the American population is wicked racist.
* Want to bid on some memorabilia from Curt Schilling’s failed company? Sure ya do!
* It always depresses me when I watch movies from the 1990s and they show a gas station. Imagine gas prices being .95 cents/gallon again.
* Banger of the Week: Loose Lips Sink Ships by A Change of Pace