Trading carrots for chocolate pudding since 2012
I decided it wasn’t fair for YetiVedder to have all the bullet-point fun, so I reckon I’ll join in on the fad.
What will you find in this weekly list? I have no freaking clue, but I’m sure it will all be deep and profound.
* After watching last night’s debacle on Monday Night Football, I feel a little bit better about the Patriots loss to Seattle on Sunday. However, there is still no excuse for it. In my mind, the game was lost at the end of the first half when the Seahawks decided to give us at least three free points. Instead, the Pats absolutely BLEW it. Despite having two timeouts in hand, New England wasted a good 15 seconds after the first-down play, then five more seconds following second down – pathetic clock management. Then, as we all know, the half was capped off by Brady’s intentional grounding call. Unacceptable.
* Is it possible to not have a single thought in your head at any given moment?
* So, that dude skydiving from space was sweet. I wouldn’t be shocked at all to see Travis Pastrana try to best him though.
* I’m playing in a fantasy basketball league for the first time in about six years. Should be pretty ugly. At least it will raise my interest level in the NBA.
* Presidential debate No. 2 is tonight. I will not be watching. Politics suck.
* That said, there was a very interesting article about Mitt Romney in last week’s Providence Phoenix. Scary stuff.
* What’s the most underrated invention of all-time? Remote control? Air conditioning? Toilet paper?
* Can we talk about this commercial for a minute? Who wrote this song and, more importantly, who thought this was a good marketing tactic? I can’t tell if I hate the chick “singing” or just feel bad for her. Maybe a little of both.
* One thing is damn sure though… that commercial pales in comparison to the original FreeCreditReport.com ad. I’m so happy these guys are back!
* I’m considering getting my real estate license. Any realtors out there have tips or suggestions?
* Caught this gem on Jeopardy the other day. Great job by Alex Trebek and his squad.
* Banger of the Week: Bury Your Head by Saosin